- Prepare a space to carve your pumpkin by placing an old blanket, newspapers or a table cloth on the surface. Place a trash can or bucket nearby and line up your carving tools. Cut a deep circle into the top of the pumpkin and remove it. Stick your hand inside the pumpkin and remove all the insides by placing them into your trash can.
- Locate a palmetto tree template or design on the Internet or in any book, and tape it onto the front of your pumpkin as a guide. If you cannot locate a palmetto tree template that you like, you can draw one onto your pumpkin.
- Tape the palmetto tree template -- or trace the outline of a palm tree -- onto the front of your pumpkin. Use the pumpkin poker from your decorating kit to punch holes into the palm tree outline. Place the holes very close together.
- Take your carving knife and begin carving the palmetto tree by following the punched holes you placed into the pumpkin until the palmetto tree is completely carved. Fix any little mistakes by shaving away the imperfections with your carving knife.
- Place a candle or light inside the pumpkin and check out your new creation!
Click Image to View Template PDF
Build Your Brand Them Promote It: How to Design a Logo That'll Help You Stand Out
Are you struggling to create a logo? Every successful brand starts with a great logo. Your logo goes on every piece o...
A Complete History of Screen Printing
From graphic tees to posters and fine art pieces, the art of screen printing is everywhere you look. As of 2014 it wa...
Astounding Apparel: The Hottest South Carolina Streetwear Trends for Spring
When the temperatures creep up on the dial and the days get a little longer, it's tempting to put those snow boots in...