- Prepare a space to carve your pumpkin by placing an old blanket, newspapers or a table cloth on the surface. Place a trash can or bucket nearby and line up your carving tools. Cut a deep circle into the top of the pumpkin and remove it. Stick your hand inside the pumpkin and remove all the insides by placing them into your trash can.
- Locate a palmetto tree template or design on the Internet or in any book, and tape it onto the front of your pumpkin as a guide. If you cannot locate a palmetto tree template that you like, you can draw one onto your pumpkin.
- Tape the palmetto tree template -- or trace the outline of a palm tree -- onto the front of your pumpkin. Use the pumpkin poker from your decorating kit to punch holes into the palm tree outline. Place the holes very close together.
- Take your carving knife and begin carving the palmetto tree by following the punched holes you placed into the pumpkin until the palmetto tree is completely carved. Fix any little mistakes by shaving away the imperfections with your carving knife.
- Place a candle or light inside the pumpkin and check out your new creation!
Click Image to View Template PDF
3 Top Styles Your Store Needs to Order for a Successful Tshirt Sale
T-shirts are powerful marketing tools. They feature your logo or message directly, and they show the wearer’s confide...
SC Style: How to Find the Best South Carolina Shirts and Apparel
South Carolina pride runs deep. Locals are proud of their roots. And tourists develop a lasting love for the lush la...
A Trip to Remember: 4 Must-Have South Carolina Souvenirs
Be careful when you visit South Carolina. All it takes is one trip for this beautiful state to sink its teeth into yo...