Charleston gains even more bragging rights as it is named the 'South's Best City of 2017' by Southern Living Magazine.
Last Fall, Southern Living magazine invited readers from around the nation to vote on their favorite Southern spots. There were 13 various categories readers could vote for in the South's Best poll — from BBQ joints to drinking holes and everything in between. Editors poured through over 20,000 submissions and totalled for each category - Charleston also took home various awards for local hot spots, including:
- Hominy Grill, sixth best restaurant in the South
- Fig, 10th best restaurant in the South
- Coast Brewing Co., 10th best brewery in the South
- The Inn at Middleton Place, eighth best inn in the South
- Wentworth Mansion, tenth best inn in the South
- Kiawah, sixth best island in the South
- The Sanctuary on Kiawah, fifth best resort in the South
- Charleston Gardenworks, sixth best shop in the South
- The Commons, eighth best shop in the South
Carve a Palmetto Tree Pumpkin
Fall is the time of year for goblins, ghosts and ghouls. Families that celebrate Halloween use this time of year as a...
Exploring the Charleston City Market
The Charleston City Market has been an important part of the city’s culture since 1804. Today, shoppers can explore C...
Kids says Pledge of Allegiance while no one is Watching
Parenting - you're doing it right. This young boy stops his day to pledge allegiance to the American flag, even when...